Atomic Worm Linux Version
Atomic Worm is now available for Linux!
File size: 7.9 MB (8,168,335 bytes)
The md5 sum is 8c8a3c3eb07f25edecd1c84c9f3bf844
Tested with the following popular distributions:
- Ubuntu Dapper Drake – 32 bit
- Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon – 32 bit
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron – 32 bit
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron – 64 bit
- Open Suse 11 – 32 bit
- Fedora 9 – 32 bit
- Mandriva 2008 – 32 bit
- Debian Etch – 32 bit
- Click on the download link below to download the game.
- When prompted, save the file to your hard disk. Download will begin.
- After download is completed, you may need to update the file permissions to run the installer. Atomic Worm uses a graphical installer to install the game.
- From the command line:
chmod a+x AtomicWorm.sh
From the file explorer window (e.g., Konqueror):
Right-click the file, select properties, and set the execute privilege.
- Run the installer to install the game.
- After install is completed, you can access the game from the System/Games menu, or by typing (insert the path to your atomic worm install directory)/bin/AtomicWorm from the command line.
The port needs version 2.3.2 of glibc or later and support for hardware acceleration.
64-bit Linux users:
Atomic Worm is a 32-bit program, the 64-bit versions of some distributions, like for instance Ubuntu Hardy Heron, do not come with the 32-bit libraries installed by default. If the game will not start for you, then you should make sure these 32-bit libraries are installed. In the case of Ubuntu, this means installing the ia32-libs package that you can find in the universe repository.